The Sea Hawkers and other booster clubs are trying to promote some camaraderie between our fandoms in support of goodwill and Fans Against Violence.
Below are events that we have been invited to participate in with the NW Raiders Booster Club. Invites have also gone out to the NW Packer Backers as well in hopes of generating some unity among fans to have fun and to also do some good for the community.
The first event is a Bowling Challenge happening at Kent Bowl on Sunday, March 29th. If you plan to attend this with other 12s or Sea Hawkers, please contact Dana by March 20th to ensure that enough lanes are booked. Dana’s contact information is on the photo below.
Additionally, see the information below regarding helping out by volunteering at the Special Olympics. There are two opportunities for this, Saturday, April 25th and again May 30th & 31st.
Volunteers for the Special Olympics
It’s the time of year when we reach out to our past volunteers to begin to get support for the Athletics Venue for Special Olympics of Washington. This year, we are not only seeking volunteers for the Summer Games on May 30 and 31st, which will be held at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, but we are ALSO seeking volunteers for the Southwest Regional Meet on April 25th to be held at Mt. Tahoma High School in Tacoma. The Athletics Games Management Team would LOVE your support at one or both of these meets! We encourage you, your friends and your families to volunteer. Help make memories for these hardworking Special Olympics athletes in the track and field events within the Athletics venue.
Attached are registration forms for both the Regional meet and for the Summer Games. For each, job assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis, so return your completed form as soon as possible. Regardless of previous volunteer experience, Special Olympics requires ALL volunteers to pre-register. Please fill out one or both of the enclosed ATHLETICS Venue Placement Forms according to the following:
- Ensure ALL fields are completed. Since the Summer Games are on a military base, the military requires your name – first, middle, and last – and date of birth. Be assured all personally identifiable information you provide is protected to ensure your privacy.
- Indicate days and times you are available and your assignment preferences – 1 through 4.
- Note “Age Requirements for Volunteering” – provide name and sign, if necessary
- Children 10 and under are not eligible to volunteer, but are welcome to attend events as spectators. They may not be with the volunteers on the field.
- Youths 11-13 are eligible to volunteer, for certain positions, if accompanied by an adult volunteer – provide name of accompanying adult on form.
- Teens 14-17 are eligible to volunteer for certain positions– parent/guardian signature required
- Youth groups need to provide a minimum of one adult chaperone for every four youth. The assigned chaperone must remain with their assigned youth throughout the assignment period.
- Timers must be 18 years or older or be sponsored by a certified USA Track and Field official.
- Return your Venue Placement Form directly to Kelly Spivey
- For the Regional Event, forms should be returned by April 1, 2015
- For the Summer Games, forms should be returned by May 8, 2015.
Please do NOT send forms directly to SOWA.
Forms can be mailed, faxed or scanned and emailed in. Please make copies and encourage friends and family to participate as well…come one, come all! If you have questions, please send email to Mary Greene @ firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 628-2859.
Thanks! We look forward to seeing you on April 25th and/or on May 30 and May 31!
April 25 Southwest Regional Volunteer Form
May 30-31 Summer Games Volunteer Form